Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?

I've just started the pill on day 1 of my menstrual cycle. Am I protected against pregnancy if I start having sex now?Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?Since no one else seemed to catch this-
"I've just started the pill on day 1 of my menstrual cycle." Why are you taking the pill while you are one your menstrual cycle? You are supposed to take it AFTER your menstrual cycle STOPS, NOT when it Starts. You OBGYN should have told you that. Follow the doctors instructions, otherwise the pill will not be effective.

As for when you can start having sex, you need to have protected sex all the time, whether on the pill or not. If you aren't going to be protected, then wait a month so the hormone change happens, and your body get's adjusted.

Edit: "The leaflet states that I should start the pill on day 1 of my period. Then I am protected." YOU DO NOT TAKE THE PILL ON THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR PERIOD, YOU TAKE IT THE FIRST DAY AFTER YOUR PERIOD! Talk to your OBGYN. I have never heard of any pill needing to be taken on the first day of your actual period, it defeats the purpose of taking the pill.Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?
They say to wait about a week to have sex after starting the pill. 5 days at the most.. i didnt wait. lol. but i made sure my boyfriend pulled out or wore a condom.Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?No... someone should have explained this to you when you got the pills. You should wait at least like a month for the hormone changes to kick in.Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?
No, wait for sometime.Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?NO! Wait a bit, I swear.Can you have sex the day after you start the pill?
no my doctor told me to wait a month. have protected sex, him wearing a condom

No comments:

Post a Comment