Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?

My wife is in her 12th week, and we're discussing whether we want to try to find out the baby's sex prior to birth. What are the benefits and detriments of finding out early?



I'm most interested in hearing from people who have more than one child, and knew the sex early for one but not another.What are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?I have had 6 kids and only didnt know the sex of the baby one time. I already had one of each so clothing wise I was prepared either way. I personally like knowing before hand so I can pick out the name and not go back and forth between boy/girl names. Also I like being able to have everything geared just for them. Also I feel closer to baby when I call their name in the womb and the shower is more personalized when they know who its for.

If you want to be suprised thats cool, you can buy neutral colors,white and go with a unisex theme. Just remember ... you can bring a girl home in blue but you can't bring a boy home in pink lol... good luck.What are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?
pros- your prepares and dont have to worry about clothes and stuff when its born, dont have to take stuff for both to the hospital, wont be disappointed if its not what you were hoping for.

cons - no surpriseWhat are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?Well,

I have points for both sides...



Benefits :



One main point can be that when you know whether its a boy or a girl, you can prepare for it, before its birth....



like preparing appropriate clothes....

cute little frocks for cute little baby girls....



%26amp; cute little shorts %26amp; shirts for baby boys....



you can prepare a room according to a boy taste or a girl taste...



like sky blue walls %26amp; blue curtains....for boys



%26amp; pink for baby girls...







You can also buy boy toys or girls toys....



like cars or dolls: which ever appropriate....



Its all about really loving you child....

%26amp; taking care of it...

Its real parenthood......









Drawbacks...:



I think there are no drawbacks in western side of world....



because they (I hope ) treat baby boy or baby girl as equal.....





BUT It can really matter in Asian Subcontinent....



India Bangladesh Nepal....





where priority is given to BOYS....



So if a mother has girl in her womb %26amp; they come to know before its birth, the husbands can even force their wives for abortion....



by which they can risk mothers' lives also ...



And also it is a sin to kill humans(alive)



I say what is the crime of that little child who is not even born yet???



Why have abortion?



I am strictly against abortion....



This is all due to backwardness %26amp; narrow-mindedness...





Please save children!
Hi -

I have one child and another on the way. I found out the sex both times. I personally do not see any negatives. Other people have told me "oh but it ruins the suprise when they are born" but for me I got just as much of a suprise just delivering a healthy baby. The positives for me where:

painting the nursery in the colour to suit

only having to pick one name (for me, name choosing is very tough)

being able to buy clothes to suit and not have to just get all whites, lemons and greens

being able to buy some toys/dolls etc in advance

if the pram/car seat etc had any colours in it, I could get one that is more suited to a boy or a girl

all the cot blankets and bedding could be chosen and wouldn't have to be neutral

etcWhat are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?the benefits are that you can prepare and maek certain decisions- the neg is that you wont be surprisedWhat are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?
i have 3 girls, the first one we found out at 20 weeks, the second one I didn't find out untill a week before she was born, because at her 20 week they couldn't tell. and the third one again they couldn't tell but I found out in the last month sometime.

I am now having my 4th and it is a girl ! surprize lol, but I found out because it is easier to know the sex in order to buy things for the baby, or to just save the hand me downs in my case, it is also easier to bond with the baby if you know her name, and sex ahead of time
I knew with both of mine....it is good in terms of knowing how to decorate the baby's room and clothes to buy in advance, however I wish I didn't know with my second since it would have been nice to have that element of surprise.What are the benefits and negatives of knowing your baby's sex before it is born?
We found out with our son a month before he was born. Why so late? My father-in-law was dying and we wanted him to know. He was thrilled when we became pregnant. We were married but I was in college- or back in college after leaving my former career.



With our daughter, we found out at 16 weeks. I wanted to know, and I think we will do the same. Our son has autism and it helped him to know what it was we were having and he named her. He was nearly 10 at the time and it was wonderful for him to have all that time to get accustomed to the idea of a sister. He also helped us pick out her toys, clothes, and baby gear. So, for us, finding out was wonderful the second time around.



Good luck to you and congrats!
If you know the sex of your baby before it's born you can better decide on a name, how to decorate the room, what clothes to buy. The only negative point that I can think of is that there is no surprise when it gets here.
well i'm gonna be a mommy and i found out the sex of my babies 2 girls and a boy the negitives would be not getting that suprise of you hope it might be this gender but it's the other gender benifits is you now how to do the nuresy
at the babay shower so people can know what color clothes and things to buy good luck congrats!
Well, I think I felt more bonded with my baby after I found out the sex. I could think of him as a He, and not an It. We were able to buy more gender - specific baby clothes and gear, and really focus on what we wanted for a name. Plus, unless you want to do a neutral nursery, it would be a huge pain to bring a baby home with no nursery set up. I can't imagine doing the nursery AFTER I had the baby.

The only real benefit I can think of is the element of surprise. But as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wouldn't be able to wait 9 months to find out the sex. If you can and want to, though, go for it. Congratulations!
well if you know ahead you can get all of the supplies and make up the baby's room. the negative is that it is not a surprise anymore
  • jdm
  • translate japanese to english
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment