Thursday, January 26, 2012

College app questions, please help?

Hi,



So I am pretty confused about the college application, do I gather it all up and send it in one envelope?



I mean I need letters of recommendation for each school, then I need my college transcript for each school, SAT scores, etc etc.



Do I have them all sent to me, or do I send them to the schools?



Also I was homeschooled (am 18 now), never went to highschool, was never a part of a home school group (I almost just taught myself), is there a place online or something where someone can help me figure this out, it is mind boggling, then ontop of it, I work, and my parents have ZERO time (being that they are divorced, etc and dealing with issues).



So I'm kinda left on my own to figure this out, and at least I have the internet, but maybe there's a great resource that I don't know of, and I could SURE use it lol.



Thanks.College app questions, please help?
Many schools will not accept SAT scores if you send them directly. You need to order them through SAT with instructions for them to be delivered directly to the college. Sometimes the colleges you are applying to simply have you fill out an authorization that allows them to request grades from the community college.



Recommendation letters also depend on the college/organization. Colleges were pretty easy on just giving them a copy. Some scholarships I applied for required me to get letters in sealed envelopes and include that in the packet. That way I couldn't scan the letters to pick out the best ones. (Most references gave me a copy anyway.)



Here's the good part. Based on your other post you will be in demand. You have great grades and SAT scores. Pick the colleges you are most interested in. Talk to the admissions counselors. They should jump through hoops to get you into their school. They should help walk you through the process. There will be lots of help available to you. If all else fails, email me.College app questions, please help?
if you work, then that should provide you with some references.



i only took the ACT- it let me send it to 4 schools and myself.



send them to the schools-- you should get a copy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment