Thursday, January 26, 2012

I want to know any useful resources/forums/books about awesome chemistry tricks?

Hi!



I am interested in finding out any resources - links, scanned books that are out of print and so on about chemistry tricks that are both amazing and mind boggling.

I also want to know links to books that are still in print and links to online pages and essays treating this subject.My search on Amazon for such books did not yeld the expected results - I could only find fun chemistry books that are aimed at kids - how to make shiny stuff explode in multiple colors and things like that.

What I am interested in are compounds and chemical substances (prefferably mundane) wich can yeld unexpected and amazing results.

I will give bellow a few examples from the hardcopies of the books I read when I was little, in the communist era (those were some really good chemistry books, even if wrote by russians) :

- two toxic poisons that wich combined together in order to obtain an increased effect will infact yeld...kitchen (edible) salt! - is the opposite reaction possible and from kitchen salt with another (prefferably mundane) substance tp obtain a poison?

- a weird paint, that I remember for sure it was green and also contained iron powder (the russian book contained the recipes for all the tricks inside, but unfortunately I do not have most of those books anymore) - the paint could be used in a prank or trick like this - the paint is incolore and inodore in normal state, but becomes green in contact with water (or the sweat on someone's palms) - that person would then naturally go to wash his hands, but sruprise! instead of vanishing, the paint is actually gaining a more pronounced color and is actually spreading and gaining volume!

the paint can still be removed, but not with water...

- paint wich is invisible under normal light, but becomes visible under black light (or rave light used by the hippies in the 70's - was very common back then and very fashionable)

- simpatic paint (I do not know how it is spelled in english, but that's pretty much the translation from my language) wich is invisible but can be read in certain conditions, for instance by submerging the paper into water!

These are but a few of the tricks that I rememeber from my childhood, and altough those books were mainly written by russians, I am pretty sure that similar books exist in the english culture.

If you have books in russian, or even the books that I myself read, those are useless to me, since I canot read russian.What I have read, are the translations of those books into my language (Romanian) done in the communist era.But if you have translations of those books in english or Romanian (unlikely), that would be very helpful.

I also read some books about mundane substances that everyone has in their house and from wich you can make weapons an explosives, poisons, tears gas and other such things.From such a book I have learned that cooking powder can becomes explosive under certain conditions of temperature, humidity and density.

I know it sounds dangerous, but I am actually a would be writer, and I am trying my hand at mystery, especially locked room genre novels.I have devised some really good plots (in my opinion), but now I need credible "devices" and "means" to carry out those plots in a belivable way - I want for the final expanations of the detective to be as real and precise as possible - I do not want my "culprits" to use supernatural powers or unexplainable devices, but real, yet mind boggling means.

Also, books and ressources on physics and any such devices (aside from chemistry and poisons) that can be used in a novel, or any other such interesting and mind boggling stuff from your culture, experience of life or what you have met or read about in your life regarding the subject of mystery would be helpful.

Please help me and I will reward you with points! :)

Thank you in advance!



Best regards!I want to know any useful resources/forums/books about awesome chemistry tricks?
If you need information for learning about Chemistry and etc. then you can use a search engine like Google to find many free information, forums, videos and etc.



How create chemistry explosion

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=How鈥?/a>



Chemistry experiment

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=Che鈥?/a>



Chemistry tricks

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=Che鈥?/a>





There are many online forums for Chemistry and etc...you can ask them for any advice and information



Chemistry forum

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=Che鈥?/a>





YouTube has videos for learning almost any subject or topic



Chemistry trick

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu鈥?/a>



Good luck and I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment