Monday, January 30, 2012

Family Friend is now friends with my ex!?

Last night I was on the phone with a friend of mine who had just been dumped by her boyfriend. She was drinking and decided, just for fun, to look for MySpace pages of guys we have both dated over the years. She encountered the page of one of my exes, who was abusive to me in every way for years. She giggled, said, "Hey, he actually has 60 friends!" I said, "I don't really care." Then she turned serious. "No, you really should look. It's not good." I no longer have a MySpace page, so I had to type in the link she gave me. I looked at his friends list, and Lo and Behold, a male friend of my family was one of his friends! This friend once wanted to date me, but I consider him family so I said I just wanted to be friends. He helps to babysit my nieces. He is a truck driver and calls whenever he is in town. My family spends Christmas at his parents' house every year. He met my current boyfriend and was very polite to him. I never told him what my ex looks like or his last name; the only information he knows is where he lives and what his first name is, and yet he somehow managed to become a MySpace friend of his. I am boggled as to how this could have happened. It also turns out that he became friends with him a couple months ago, which is around the time that my ex started stalking me online. I have never felt so betrayed in my life. He has four separate MySpace accounts, and the one he used to become friends with my ex is separate from the one he used to become friends with me and my current boyfriend when I still had an account of my own. I feel violated. My question is this--how should I confront this family friend?Family Friend is now friends with my ex!?
Take a second and think..



You just said that they became 'friends' around the time your EX stalked you, right? Could it possibly be that your EX is using your friend to get to/at you?



Just ask the friend whats up if it bothers you that much. Frankly, its only myspace.. Who said they hung out at bars in real life?Family Friend is now friends with my ex!?
You shouldn't confront him at all. Who the guy is friends with is none of your business.



I have to ask, is he just a face in the friends or is there messages between them? I know people with MySpace accounts that have hundreds of friends on their list that they don't even know.



I would suggest leaving MySpace and moving to Face Book and protect your privacy. Neither of them can get in unless you invite them.



In your place, I would just avoid them both. If I had to be in the same room I would be polite and distant so it don't make everyone uncomfortable. I would not tell the family friend anything about myself or my life.



That would take the fun out of it for your Ex if there is no info to be gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment