Thursday, January 26, 2012

What to expect being a future military wife/girlfriend?

My future husband has decided to join a branch of the military. I actually have a young child from a previous marriage. This previous marriage I was in, my ex was abusive emotionally and verbally. We went through a court system and for some boggling reason, he gained primary custody of my son (he lied about many things and the judge believed him). Long story short, I don't see my son as often as his dad does (by one day really). I have my son four days out of the week. Anyways, now my boyfriend (who potentially might be my future husband) has decided to go into the military. I completely support him and want him to succeed. Can wives live separately from their husbands in the military? Would I have to move to be with him? If I didn't move and stayed where I live now, is there any type of support from other military families, whether it be online or military wives living in the same city as me? How do I find that info? What if we decide to have children in the future? I really do appreciate honest, sincere and friendly answers. Thanks!What to expect being a future military wife/girlfriend?
you are not in the military, you dont HAVE to move. but when if he gets stationed oversea's? your marriage wont last, i hate to say.



my husband is military and we live oversea's, some of the people who have husbands/wives back home ended up cheating on them with someone they met here. it happens all the time. plus, i think as a mother you should stay closer to your child. military moves you all over the world.



but whatever you feel best for you i guess.What to expect being a future military wife/girlfriend?
He'll be married to his job. Yes, you will probably have to move to be with him, but military families are a special breed and you should be able to find people to talk to and identify with.What to expect being a future military wife/girlfriend?
Long periods of separation (6-14 mos).



When he is home, long work days and work on weekends. Vacations canceled at the last minute.
My hubby is in the military. We live together now, but for the first year, we liven in different states. First, if you can live with him, I highly suggest it. I do not recommend a long-distance marriage. If you can be with him before he gets deployed somewhere, be with him. Second, no matter where you live, he still gets assistance for the size of his family so long as he is married. You don't have to move to be with him, but it is not good for a marriage to be apart so much. Remember, when he is deployed, you won't see him and hardly talk to him at all.
  • mopar
  • rumor touch
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment