Thursday, January 26, 2012

What can I do to help my son catch up in school?

My son had problems in 8th grade and did not complete it. This year we tried home school but the program runs on the same schedule as public school, so he has to repeat 8th. He wants to make up his work in both 8th and 9th and catch up to his peers in order to return to public school. Does anyone know of a program he can work at home here in South Texas? I looked online but there is too much info and it boggled my mind. Free school would be ideal, but I am willing to pay tuition. Please help me!What can I do to help my son catch up in school?
Go to your state Department of Education web site, or your district web site. There is probably a section for virtual school online classes. Your district may also have a person at the district level who specializes in virtual school, so give them a call. The state DOE should also have someone you can talk to about it.



Making up two years in one year is quite difficult, so you might want to help your son set more realistic goals, like completing a year and a half in one year, or continuing to work over the summer.



You may also want to talk to the district to see if there's a test your son can take to see if he can be promoted to ninth grade. Good luck!
  • sonic electronix
  • romance novels
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment