Monday, January 30, 2012

What do you do when you don't fit in?

I'm 17 and a junior in high school and I don't seem to fit in. With anyone. I've tried for years to be friends with everyone, but that never worked. I'm really nice and willing to help out anyone and my sense of humor isn't *that* bad. I don't get it. I've never insulted a person to their face before (I do in my mind occasionally) and I try to defend others when possible. Everyone I try to talk to just ignores me though. What *really* boggles my mind, though, is why there as some kids who hate me. I've heard on more than one occasion that people think I'm a "freak." Now, I know what a freak is, and that is not me. I don't do anything that's really weird or out of the ordinary and I'm not very awkward. I just don't talk a lot when I'm uncomfortable, but that's no reason for the entire student body to ignore me and/or call me a freak.



I've tried joining clubs, doing sports (made varsity tennis and was hated there), going on online forums, all that. Everywhere is the same. Even the kids who don't have many friends themselves ignore me. The only thing I do all day is watch movies, read, surf teh web, and play Xbox. (Notice that none of those activities are social.)What do you do when you don't fit in?
im like you but girl version. you should speak up more. try not to be so quiet. but i also think its easier for a girl to make friends rather than a guy. people judge and its retarded! a couple years from now none of these people will even matter to you.



focus on school, your grades, and apply for as many scholarships as you can. college is where your life long friends will be.



good luck to you! i hope this helps a little
Granny never fit in during high school either. Granny was the late 70s-early80s version of Goth/Emo but made honor rolls every quarter. (which surprised all concerned). find something you like to do...it honestly doesn't matter if you're great it...but just find it....and do it... When you find something that YOU like to do, the socialization WILL come.

Keep up your grades, and just find what YOU like to do. Trust Granny, high school is NOT forever. And as another poster said, college is where you'll make your life-long friends.What do you do when you don't fit in?
Its simple, Just get athletic.
Will I am pretty quite too. And I was in that spot with some of my friends we use to be close but it was not the same any more:/ so I changed were I sit at and made friends with some one I never though about. I know how you feel but stay away from people that are not right or messy etc. Try to meet meet knew people or you

My go to a different school that's what a lot of people do when this happens what I would say you have one more year of high school think about your eduction and your future because your friends won't care if you don't have a eduction so don't worry and you must be like I need friends and you must think I am giving you a speech a grown up would give but I am younger then you and don't worry and do other fun things to pass your time I hope this helps :))))What do you do when you don't fit in?
If your into books you should hang around the library and always look for other people that don't have friends because that's how you start a group plus your into movies and games so you got plenty to talk about.There is alot of students that have that same problem but once you get that first friend the rest will fall right in.Nobody needs to many friends it always leads to problems.You can go your whole life and only have 3 or 4 true friends.But try that It will work.
Does EVERYONE hate you? Do you mean everyone?

Try talking to one person alone, say hi ask a question, not about the weather (that's in films), see what you two have in common, you could really make a friend. Hopefully, if this works, you can make friends with your friend's friends, and so on.

Good luck! (don't keep trying to make friends though, don't get obsessed concentrate on studies)

I wouldn't really care (that much) couple of years forward you won't know these rude people. Study hard, get better grades and scholarships than anyone else, be really clever, don't show off though.

If your a boy maybe try to... get muscly whatever, I don't really know what boys do.
  • helly hansen
  • russian translator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment