Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I use a Wireless Printer?

I've viewed some answers asking the same general question, but most fail to answer a question that is still boggling my mind. First, my situation: I will be in a dorm that offers ethernet connections. The campus itself is wireless, but the dorms require you to wire up your ethernet cable to go online. My laptop has a wireless connection card, a good one, and my printer is also supposedly wireless.



My question is: How, if possible, can I connect to my "wireless" printer wirelessly? I don't want to resort to bluetooth, I don't want to have to use a router, and I simply just want the printer to do what it was advertised to do, that being to communicate with my laptop via a wireless frequency, no cords attached.How do I use a Wireless Printer?
good question! wondering this myself. I haven't bought my wireless printer, yet, but want to know if I buy one, does it have to plug into anything other than electricity? I don't want to plug it into internet, either, just print things from my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment