Thursday, January 26, 2012

Long distance boyfriend for 1.5 years, crush on new guy. Help?

I've been seeing my current boyfriend for the past year or so now, and he is the perfect guy. We have all the same interests, he'd do anything for me, he loves me more than life itself, he's got money, and he's going to a good college (6 hours away from mine), and is pretty smart. But for the past several months, I've been questioning how in love with him I am. I just don't feel that tingley happy feeling whenever he's around, I'd rather go online and stuff than pay attention to him, his constant clinging gets on my nerves sometimes, and honesty... I don't think I'm physically attracted to him.



So I'm thinking, one of three things: a) This is the longest relationship I've been in, so me not wanting to be around him and cuddling 24/7 is natural, b) The long-distance is too much stress for me, so I'm coping by moving on, or c) I've fallen out of love and would rather just be friends.



To complicate the matter, I've moved into a new Residence Hall community at my school, and one of the guys here is pretty cute (he's tall, unlike my current bf, which is kinda a turn on), he's also pretty geeky, and we share alot of interests. Plus, he's an engineer. Oh man. Let me tell you. Nothing is more attractive to me than Engineering/Physics. Except maybe music. *Oh wait*-- did I mention he plays cello? Cello, the most amazing instrument in the world? Yeah. And despite sharing my *interest* in music, my current boyfriend sings like a deaf crow.



To complicate the matter further my boyfriend loves me more than anything else in the world. He's pretty much said he couldn't live without me, and he even has trouble sleeping when I'm not around, and gets depressed. I really don't want to hurt him just because I'm unsure if I'm not in love anymore, or if I'm just less into the relationship because it's been so long. If I stay with him, I'm basically set for life. He's got money, so I won't have to worry about that, and we're both really into the idea of working with animals... maybe getting some chickens later... moving into a sustainably build house...



If I just leave him for this guy I've got a crush on, who knows? This adorable engineer might not hold my interest for long if we started going out, and I'd end up all alone... I mean, it would be wrong to dump my boyfriend for someone else, get bored of the new guy, and go crawling back. And My bf isn't the kind to understand the whole, "Hey, lets see other people just to see how it works" idea.



I don't want to hurt him, for his sake, and I don't want to lose the perfect situation I have with him for my sake.... but I'm not attracted to him, bored with the relationship, and I'm pretty attracted to this new guy.



It won't matter so long as the new guy doesn't end up liking me back, but what if he does? We've been getting pretty close lately.



This is just boggling my mind!!! Any advice? Long distance boyfriend for 1.5 years, crush on new guy. Help?
Yes, whatever you do, you should LEAVE the long distance relationship guy, he needs to understand it is pretty much over.Long distance boyfriend for 1.5 years, crush on new guy. Help?
i will tell you , loving a person who loves us is better than whom we loveLong distance boyfriend for 1.5 years, crush on new guy. Help?
Well first off it seems you havn't really been having a relationship with this guy. He seems more like a clingy little sidekick then a real man. Let me guess here...the first couple months of the relationship were great then things became routine......then things got boring. The truth of the matter is that he is not pushing you to be the best you can be. He may love you, but there is a big difference between love and infatuation. He's bringing you down, and you know it. Let him go and move on to better prospects. Better to live your life with few regrets then waste it on a man you don't even love.

No comments:

Post a Comment