Monday, January 30, 2012

Why is she acting this way?

Me and my girlfriend have been dating around two years, we were friends for about 4-5 months before that. I'm 20 and she is 18. Although she was on the pill we found out a while back she was pregnant with my child.



Everything was going fine, we both still live at home so we waited to tell anyone and talked about how we were going to approach the situation. We even went out to price baby stuff and try to look for a place to live, everything was going well, she was pretty scared, I was fairly relaxed and tried to comfort her as much as possible.



So eventually we tell our parents, her step-dad was away on business. Her mom being a completely different person around him, she felt it was a good time, my mother is single and I've only met my dad once when I was 8. Anyway, both of them are pretty upset which they have right to be. After a while I call her and her mom is making jokes with her seemingly is a decent mood, they are looking at baby stuff online.



Some time passes. Eventually she tells her step-dad (she was going to wait a bit) during an argument. We as a couple are still doing ok, (at least it seemed that way) going to classes and work, the usual.

I make the reference several times that we need to sit down and talk, even if the parents are present. Slowly she begins to pull away, talking to her parents on the side but not really communicating with me or my mother, her parents don't even call my mom which is odd.



I call her one night, her mom picks up with a 'higher-than-thou' tone of voice (i like details sorry): "hellooo", "may i speak to (name) please?", "she's talking to her dad right now", "ook", "Ill tell her you called?" "ok", "bye."



So i wait about two hours expecting her to call me back, note this was one of the nights we agreed to sit and talk to each other. She doesn't call. I call back and her younger sister answers: "hello", "is (name) there?", "yeah, hold on", (she was still talking to her parents), "nevermind, mom sent her on an errand, bye"



My girlfriend sends me a text shortly after "(Name) didn't know what was going on. I'll talk to you later, tonight is not the night." So what do I do?...something stupid...which i realize now. I persist, i call and call and call, try sending texts, anything i can do which obviously doesn't help the situation and it all starts going down hill from there.



A few days before all of the above happened I was struggling through my classes and actually ended up dropping them and quitting school (not permanently). She continued to go. She had also had a doctors apt. that i asked about attending but she said no and we had a short argument.



All in all everything's been going pretty bad...she says she doesn't want to be with me anymore (w/ the baby) if I'm not doing something with my life, if I have no future. She says it's not fair to her or the baby...which i can agree with to an extent, i know i need to get my act together somehow, I've been considering the military since school alone is not an option at this time. She's made all these plans about how she will stay at home during the next semester and then the next after the baby is born...me playing little to know part as it seems. Even though she keeps saying she does not deny me as the father. I just don't know what to think...I'm going crazy and having a lot of trouble processing the situation.



Currently we are taking a break, I'm pretty much doing all she asks me to because I don't want her to feel smothered, at the same time trying to tell her my own feelings but it's hard. I'm thinking in terms of months...she seems to be thinking in terms of years. It boggles my mind. She talks about how if I join the military she'll send me pictures and keep me updated. Honestly, I can't do that. I want to be around and I've told her but she keeps saying she isn't ready. Is she just confused right now or what? I can't keep going on thinking she'll be at home while I have limited access to the baby and her as well. That is far from being a 'father' in my eyes. I wanted to watch her grow, wanted to attend doctor visits, help support her in buying new clothes and baby stuff, and above all, hold my child after it's born. Can anyone tell me what could be going on with her? I had even bought her an engagement ring when i found out about the pregnancy but was waiting until December to give it to her...I ended up giving it to her early telling her to hold onto it...she took it, would she still have if she didn't care?



Also, I have a job in fact one of the reasons I quit school was to get as many working hours as possible and even work two jobs if needed. I guess that's not enough? Maybe she will come around in time?Why is she acting this way?
Go and talk to her parents with out you gf(?), they may be behind her actions. You have every right to see your child, seek legal advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment